The Compassionate Conservative Series Premiere begins with Pastor Jeremy Evans.
The last 4 years have brought about a search to understand the Trump Voter. Researchers and pontificators have offered their guesses and opinions as to why a person would vote for Trump. The societal confidence in calling those we don’t know racists, misogynists, sexists, homophobes, and evil is concerning, to say the least, and primarily one of the reasons I felt compelled to host this series.
Today, you will meet Pastor Jeremy Evans. He is socially progressive but voted for Trump in the 2016 election. He explains why he voted for Trump. Have his views changed? Listen and find out.
Today, the conversation includes:
- [The Media] wants our attention they don’t necessarily report the truth.
- I am tired of being told to hate people that I don’t know
- We probably have more in common than we think we do.
- What I like about Trump.
- Mimetic Theory- Trump the Scapegoat
- If you’re a Trump supporter, you are all these things.
- Collective brokenness discharges pain and shame.
- “The things we see in others that bother us are the things we deny the existence of within ourselves.”
- “I believe the best about people, even if they don’t deliver their best or aren’t willing to extend the courtesy, because I don’t see how the world can function any other way.”
- “I hope there’s an intellectual renaissance.”
- Trump is a great seducer.
- “What would we do if we have to change the way we feel about people if we identify ourselves by how we feel about people?”
- CoronaVirus theories, culling the herd, psychedelics, ecstasy, mushrooms and more.
To connect with Pastor Jeremy Evans:
Find him on Facebook
The Dusty Disciple Blog: http://www.authorjeremyevans.us/